Sunday, August 10, 2014

NOTEBOOKS GALORE!

So, I've been working in my classroom - seriously, a week and school starts!
I love having my students work on fluency with Six Minute Solutions and Comprehension with Timed Readings. I've debated how to make these charts into an interactive notebook, but I don't think it will work. So, they are staying in the plastic folders.

HOWEVER, I am in the process of setting up a Reading Interactive Notebook and an English Interactive-ish Notebook. The debate is to combine these together, but since I LOVE Giggles in the Middle, I might just keep the English portion in it's separate binder, with students adding their own learning to the Caughtyas.

THAT LEADS to the Reading Notebook - I've studied NUMEROUS ones this summer, and I am definitely going to mush a bunch of different things together! I'm planning on the students using their Composition Notebooks for this, that way students can transport them easily. I need to make my own "this what goes on the left side and right side," because, frankly, I want my TEACHER / CLASS input on the Left - I've only found one other teacher: Sabra who has admitted to putting class items on the left. Other influences for my Interactive Notebooks: RandyMs. Mohamed, and Donalyn Miller. I hope they go well - and I'll post photos as we grow with them this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment