Wednesday, July 13, 2016

#PokemonGo and #Geography

Ok,

I know this is all over the news. I get it. Trust me, I have succumbed to the craze. I downloaded the game to get a sense of what my students will be talking about the first days of school (let's face it - school isn't that far away!).

I can see the possibilities with this app as a way to explain maps and map reading skills to students. I know putting information in the context of PokemonGo will make more sense than just a general map will.

Additionally, I have started saving articles related to issues of PokemonGo, from people being injured, potential security issues, and what places are picked as gyms and stops to discuss the cultural issues included.

All in all, I must say, I may not catch them all... I will, however, catch more students in my hooks to understanding Geography!

No comments:

Post a Comment