Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Why Summer Matters... for teachers and students #tlap #sschat #sdechat


This Summer is a time of change for me. I'm moving schools, which also means moving towns. That has been a stressor. 

Other than that,  Summer matters for the time to reflect and do things that I've not had time to do all school year. I'm still reading YA books to be able to recommend them to middle schoolers. It allows me time to research new projects, find new resources, revise lessons, and read all the wonder resources written by other educators. 

I've taken the time to just sit to think about anything that comes along. I've taken the time to ponder everything I've read and figure out if I agree with it if I can use it as it if I can modify what I've done to make it fit into my teaching style. I've also found that this time is valuable to just take - professional development is great, but my Twitter PLN is very helpful throughout the year. However, during the Summer I have more time to look at what I implemented in the school year, adjust for the new year, and make new connections for new projects for the coming year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment