Monday, August 1, 2016

#Stress of #Roomdecor -- It's all about the #Kids, because #KidsDeserveIt

I'm switching schools - normally by now, my room would be ready for students. 

I've put LOTS of thought into what I want my room to be. Frankly, it's going to have to be a work in progress. My new room is huge. I want "zones" - a standing area, a sitting area, desk area, and a general supply area. However, since I'm also in the process of moving, I really haven't had time to collect new items for seating, nor build the new standing desks that I want to have. 

While my Pinterest has a full bulletin board of bulletin board ideas, I'm not sure what is going to be done by the time school actually starts (Aug. 23). I know that I want a wall area for World History, US History, and Geography - but I'm leaning towards having students help build those areas as we complete projects. 

I've got my favorite quotes in posters and other items that make the room "mine," so I know that portion will be done. I know what I want for an overall space - it's mostly going to revolve around those connections I make with my new students and allow them in the design of the room. In fact, I'm thinking my geography students can design a new class map of what zones students think there should be. 

I'll post pictures as we come up with the new design! 

No comments:

Post a Comment