Tuesday, April 4, 2017

#BackatIT

I've got to start blogging again, so here it goes.

I spent a good chunk of my weekend creating a #hyperdoc on economics from scratch. I was excited. I thought my students would love it! (Who wouldn't want to find out about their future economic choices?)

ANNNDDDD - it flopped. Students didn't seem into it today. It might just be me, but they really struggled. Most have no idea what they might want to do, and those that do feel that they don't need to dig into it more.

So, tomorrow we relaunch. I need to make them see the relevance of it. I've not come up with how, but I have reached out to my PLN to make it happen!

3 comments:

  1. What was the student feedback? Did they give any suggestions as to what could change to make it more relevant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ladonna! What was the end product? What tools could they use? Could they work in groups? Also could you connect to any pop culture like Shark Tank or a similar show?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all have those days and it is so frustrating. What was essential question? Maybe rework it to be more student centered/pop culture related to hook them in?

    ReplyDelete