Wednesday, July 23, 2014

STEM - Day 2 Reflection


WOW!

I'm getting all kinds of ideas @SanfordLabs.

Yesterday was a bit over my head -- nuclear physics and such. (I learned a whole bunch of terms about quarks, neutrinos, flavors of neutrinos, etc.) That said, we saw the building of equipment underground, and the problems of cosmic rays and data collection.

I can't imagine being in a clean room and wearing FOUR pairs of gloves and still trying to manipulate tiny pieces.

However, I can find the idea of the research going on and how it will impact our world. (Dark matter and Dark particles and how they keep the world together.) I also learned more about our Sun - and how elements always try to get to the stable valley.

Overall, there is "stuff" that I will take away and guide my students to the understanding of the world around them, and I know I've got students who would be BEYOND interested in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment