Sunday, July 20, 2014

"Teacher Vacation"

I love the idea of "Summer Vacation" -- note the idea! The connotation of this word implies are lazy days, doing whatever you want.

REALITY: Not enough time in the day to get ready for the next school year, or get all your own summer projects done!

So, here is my reality: Last week I got a much needed break of one point five days at my parents' farm. Followed by two days in a classroom, learning about SLOs for South Dakota. At night, I got to stay and see my sister. This was followed by a seven hour drive back home, a night in my own bed, doing laundry and repacking to head out the next day to a five day training.

So, this leads me to where I am now - in a college apartment waiting for the Sanford Underground Labs STEM workshop tomorrow! I'm exhausted, but excited to see what I can learn!

However, I do long for the idea of Summer Vacation - reading books, grilling, hanging out with family and friends! I need to make more time for all these!


No comments:

Post a Comment