Monday, May 4, 2015

#TeachingIs


Today, I received a wonderful surprise.

It came at the right time - when I was wondering if we have done enough this year. We only have SEVEN days of school left. I keep thinking what we should have done different, how I could have improved.

I also was thinking of all the things yet to do - including all the "end-of-year-extras:" like final tests, final grades, checking materials back in, packing up the room, celebrations, and several wrap up projects.

I love my students - they are my "kids." I set high standards because I want them to succeed in life. I see good in all of them: each is unique. Sometimes though, I need the reminders of why I teach. A physical gift isn't important, but it is a reminder. It is the thought that someone took the time to remind me of those great moments, like when a student has that "ah ha moment" or says "I can do this!", or those you-had-to-be-there to understand how funny it was moments!

So, that flower is much more than just a flower.


No comments:

Post a Comment