Thursday, May 7, 2015

#Thankful

 

The past couple of days have been crazy – we are down to FOUR days of school.

 

My students are starting to get in the end of year mode.

 

Translation: we are starting to not want to do things.

 

They are finishing most tests for me today. Next week, realistically, we only have two days. The other two are plum full of activities.

 

However, I am still thankful for this time. I’ve been reflecting on their growth this year. (NOT just height – although I’m almost the shortest one again!)

 

They have grown, they have challenged each other, they have risen to levels they didn’t think possible at the beginning of the year.

 

I look forward to seeing what they end up doing – not just over the next school years, but in life. We have so many creative students, they just need guidance in how to direct their thoughts.

 

I am proud of each and everyone one of them – even if we have had our differences through the year.

 

I am also thankful that we found the folders from our graduating Seniors. They completed the Top 20 course in Middle School since then, we have a new school building, and I’ve been looking for those folders for two years. Our Supt. came in yesterday and announced they were found! He then went and handed them out to the Seniors.

 

It allowed me time to reflect again on how much the Class of 2015 has grown since Middle School, and I can’t wait to see what they do afterwards!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment